Health & Safety
All employers have a legal duty to provide their employees with a safe working environment. Failure to adhere to health and safety legislation can lead to significant fines or even imprisonment. In Health & Safety Management there are two main pieces of legislation that are likely to affect you and your business:
- The ‘Health and Safety at Work Act 1974’, which stipulates that “it is the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees”.
- The ‘Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999’ which state that every employer shall make a suitable and sufficient assessment of –
- The risks to the health and safety of his employees to which they are exposed whilst they are at work
- The risks to the health and safety of persons not in his employment arising out of or in connection with the conduct by him of his undertaking
What you will get from us?
You know that Health & Safety legislation can be viewed as a potential minefield. At OHS we take a meticulous approach to Health & Safety Management and tailor our services to your specific risks. You will receive bespoke training programmes and long term action plans enabling you and your business to foster a positive Health & Safety culture.
- Act as the Health and Safety Competent Person
- Write and implement a Health and Safety Policy or update where necessary
- Risk Assessments / method statements as and where required (including COSHH risk assessments)
- Workplace Health, Safety and Environmental Audits in line with legal compliance and specific client goals
- Bespoke training courses from board level down to site operatives
To discover how to protect your workforce from illness, contact OHS today
To understand your Health & Safety obligations in a practical setting, contact us now